· How long have you been blogging? I’ve been blogging for 1 year.
· What/who inspired you to start blogging? I used to constantly share beauty tips and coupon links to family and friends, then one day I stumbled upon a few bargain/beauty/fashion bloggers such as Nouveau Cheap and Cheapalicious (which by the way I still follow and LOVE both their blogs), so I thought it would be great if I could do that, share my beauty advice and bargaining tips to the world. I was looking to start a blog because I really wanted an outlet to share my awesome beauty deals, at the same time I loved posting reviews on other sites such as TotalBeauty.com so I figured why not post them on my own site, and also I really just needed a hobby related to my love for beauty and bargain shopping, so I started my blog which is called Glitz Glam Budget in Oct. 2011.
· Did you tell your family and friends about your blog? If so, what was their reaction? Are they supportive or "in the dark" about your blogging? I told my family that I started GGB and at first they were confused, they didn’t really know what a blog was, but when I showed them my blog, they were so impressed and really liked it. Only a few of my friends know to this day, and they’re not surprised that I started a blog because they know I love anything beauty/fashion/bargain shopping.
· What goals or dreams did you have for your blog when you started? Have you accomplished them? Originally when I started GGB last year I did it for the hobby and as an outlet, not for free products or to make money from it. But when I started getting thousands of page views a day I imagined my blog growing and being the “Go-To” blog for all beauty/fashion bargain bloggers; however I know that will require a lot of time and effort. At this point, I am pleased with how well my blog is doing, I have surpassed my expectations, I’ve worked with many wonderful companies (small new companies to big well know companies) to do reviews and giveaways, I’ve met so many other wonderful beauty bloggers, I’ve excelled in my writing skills, and I’ve become an even more bargain beauty expert than I was a year ago.
· If you could give your beginner-blogger-self one tip of advice, what would it be? One advice I would tell my beginner-blogger self or any other new blogger is to not worry about the numbers!!! In the beginning I was concerned about the numbers, I wanted more followers and more page views, but I realize now that it is so much better to have a small group of followers who actually will comment on your posts, and tweet to you, and create a connection with you, than thousands of “followers” who don’t even visit your blog.
Want to participate in the Beauty Blogger Headquarters Monthly Task? Well make sure you check it out here!
Find a Way To Follow: