This past March I won a Twitter contest put on by Amazing Shine, it was their 100 Twitter Follower Contest, and the prize was their Sparkling Nail Glitter Kit. The package arrived fairly quickly, and it came with 3 glitter containers, a clear top coat, an emery board, 2 manicure sticks, a buffer, and some nail stickers. These kits are currently available at Ross Dress for Less, DD's Discount stores, and also online at overstock.com; they retail for about $7-9.
Once I opened the package, I was very intrigued and excited to try it because the glitters in each container not only contain tiny specs of glitter (almost like sand) but also bigger chunks of glitter. In addition, each container offers multi-colors, for example the container with the blue glitters also contains some green, silver, and white glitters (this is the same with the other 2 containers as well). I love this aspect because the different variation of glitters along with the variety of glitter colors allows you to create a very beautiful 3D effect.
- Clean your nails.
- Apply top coat as desired (I only did the tips of my nails).
TIP: Apply a very tiny layer of top coat so the glitters don’t look too thick and piled on.
- Dip your nails into your preferred container.
- Shake off extra glitters from your hands/nails.
- Cover your entire nail with top coat.
- Containers come with a ton of product, which means it will last you a very long time.
- Glitters are multi-colored and multi-sized which creates a 3D effect.
- Polish/glitter stays on for about 3-4 days before seeing any chipping (this is about average for drugstore polishes)
- Very messy (a word of caution, this product gets very messy because of the tiny glitters; I would suggest doing this in the bathroom or over some newspaper).
- Can’t be easily purchased since they are not offered in many retailers.
Overall I really liked this kit; it is very easy to use and I feel that it created a very unique and fun look to my nails. The containers have so much product in them that I believe it will last me for quite a while! Granted YES the process can get very messy, but aside from that it takes less than 10 minutes to create a fun look to your nails.
If you want to check out this kit or any other Amazing Shine products you can click here which will take you to their site. Have you heard of the Amazing Shine Sparkling Nail Glitter Kit? Do you own anything like this? Have you seen these at your local Ross Dress for Less or DD’s Discount Stores?
Find a Way To Follow: