I am part of the Influenster Community, a place where the most active members earn badges to receive free (typically full size) products to test out and review! The products come in boxes called "VoxBox" and this season's box is called the Love VoxBox because it was released around Valentine's Day!
One of the items that came in the Love VoxBox is the Gillette Venus & Olay Razor which retails for $8.99-$10.99, can be purchased anywhere from Safeway, Target, Walgreen's, etc... To check out the other items I received in my Love VoxBox you can click here.
Upon using the razor, I was surprised at the size of the product, its pretty bulky (not like any other razor I've used before). In fact the head of the razor is also pretty bulky as seen in the pictures, however I didn't let that bother me, simply because I was very intrigued with the razor's concept! I liked the idea that you don't need to use shaving cream with this razor...and the first thought that popped into my head was "Wow that will save me a TON of money."
- You do not need any shaving cream at all, simply because on top of the blades there are two separate little bars, which lather up the area as it comes in contact with water and your skin.
- Blades are not rough so didn't even seem like I was shaving the blades just glide as you shave.
- I like the way it left my skin feeling, which was super soft and smooth, without leaving any stubble behind.
- The lather was very slippery, almost felt a bit sticky, even though the razor did come in contact with enough water.
- Bulky Razor, including bulky razor head (due to the 2 soap bars attached to the head).
- I did have to go back and forth a few times to ensure I completely shaved, I blame this partially on too much lather, made it hard to have a full clean shave.
- After a couple of uses, the tiny bars on top of the blades diminished almost completely, so ultimately I don't think I would save that much money because I would have to replace the blades even more often than I regularly would with any other razor.
Overall, I think if you don't shave that much, this is a good razor that will make your skin super soft and silky in minutes, without the need to purchase shaving cream, for myself I shave often so I would go through this razor too quickly!
Venus & Olay Razor ($8.99 - $10.99)
♥ Glitz Glam Budget ♥